Watch the Lancet Series on Universal Health Coverage launch event live via webcast
The Rockefeller Foundation, The Lancet, and Results for Development Institute will host the launch of The Lancet Series on Universal Health Coverage featuring Dr. Margaret Chan, Director-General of the World Health Organization, Dr. Jeffrey Sachs, Director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University, and Dr. Judith Rodin, President of the Rockefeller Foundation.
This event will be streamed live.
Wednesday, September 26th - 6:30-9:00pm Grand Hyatt New York 109 East 42nd Street at Grand Central Terminal New York, NY 10017
As the global movement towards universal health coverage (UHC) continues to grow, numerous countries are experimenting with models for moving toward UHC utilizing health financing mechanisms to protect against financial risk, increase access to essential health services, and improve health outcomes. This Series highlights multiple facets of what is happening with UHC globally including a perspective on the historical evolution of the economics and policy behind it, evidence on the effects of UHC on health outcomes, and an exploration of progress towards UHC in nine Asian and African countries.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Judith Rodin, President of the Rockefeller Foundation
- Dr. Margaret Chan, Director-General of the World Health Organization
- Dr. David de Ferranti, President of the Results for Development Institute
- Dr. Ali Ghufron Mukti, Vice-Minister of Health, Indonesia
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Minister of Health, Ethiopia
- Dr. Jeffrey Sachs, Director of the Earth Institute at Colombia University
Watch the Live Video Webcast beginning at 6:45pm EST.
Join the conversation on Twitter by following @r4development.