The Barcelona Course in Health Financing
We are pleased to announce the second Barcelona Course in Health Financing to be held from May 14 to 18, 2012. This week-long intensive training program is offered by the Barcelona Office for Health Systems Strengthening of the WHO Regional Office for Europe, Division of Health Systems and Public Health. We invite you and your colleagues to participate in this exclusive training event.
The course reviews effective policy instruments to improve health system performance through better health financing policy. The special theme of the course is moving towards and sustaining universal coverage with a highlight on how to counter the impact of economic downturns. The course is built around the following modules:
- Designing a benefit package - equity, affordability and transparency
- Raising revenues - thinking outside the box
- Pooling health revenues - the cost of fragmentation
- Purchasing - getting more health for the money
- Coordinating reform -aligning policy instruments with policy objectives